Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July Currently

I'm linking up with Farley for this month's currently! I can't believe it is already July!




Listening: The Pioneer Woman. I love watching her show and watching all the delicious foods she makes! I really need to start to trying out some of her recipes. 

Loving: These restful and relaxing summer days. This week is one of the first weeks when I don't have a lot of things scheduled and it feels amazing. I am able to accomplish things off of my giant to do list.

Thinking: I need to start preparing for my maternity sub in the fall. Last night I start organizing resources by subject and skill on a flash drive to share with my sub. Thankfully, I only have to have one week of plans for my sub and then after a week they are responsible for collaborating with my team and writing lessons. My goal is to plan out all of our first units and hopefully that will be enough. Any tips on planning for maternity leave?

Wanting: A milkshake for breakfast, this is acceptable since I'm pregnant right?

Needing: A pedicure. I can no longer reach my toes to paint them well plus with the swelling I've had in my feet and ankles the past week a pedicure would be amazing! 

All Star: I like to think I am creative with coming up with new ideas and projects to use in my classroom. 


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Liveloveserveteach said...

I think you should definitely have a milkshake for breakfast. Sounds delicious! Hopefully you have a good sub and if you give her a week's worth of plans, your planning template, and all the curriculum, she should be fine. I've planned for a couple now and got lucky both times. I planned 2 weeks and then the sub was able to take over. We communicated via email with any questions and my team was super helpful. good luck!
Joya :)

Lena Troxtell said...

Wow a milkshake does sound really good. However I do not think I should have one. I do think you should enjoy one for the both of us. I hate planning for subs for one day I couldn't imagine having to do it for a maternity leave. I think it is cool they plan with your team after the first week. Can you be creative and help me come up with some ideas for my classroom? Enjoy these few weeks of break a new baby is awesome but will make you very exhausted to!

~*~Lena~*~

Kristin said...

Having a milkshake for breakfast is TOTALLY acceptable when you're pregnant...especially in the heat! I had my first baby July 31st of last year, and I had the same issues with swollen feet/ankles/legs/hands/everything. Go get that pedicure! Stat! Planning for maternity leave in the fall is definitely overwhelming, especially since it sounds like you're not going to be there for the first days of school. This was me too! I created a binder for my sub that had schedules, skeleton schedule, classroom routines, technology in the classroom, hw guidelines, weekly assignment guidelines, and the must-do's for the first semester I was out. I left a list of possible back to school activities too so she had some guidance. It helped her because she could set up the room how I wanted so it was an easier transition for me to come back. I also had the first 6 wks of hw and morning work copied, along with the weekly assignments (greek and latin root words, grammar, etc). I even went so far as to take pictures of my classroom setup so she would know what to tell the custodians. Good luck and enjoy the summer with your newborn!
Kristin
Fifth Grade Ramblings