Wednesday, June 3, 2015

DIY Baby Closet Dividers

As we continue to get closer to our due date I am starting to get in major nesting mode. However we decided to wait until we are on summer break to start painting and organizing the nursery (6 days!). I have been looking for a small simple project I could work on.

I've seen very cute baby closet dividers all over Pinterest and Etsy. They look like something that will be super helpful in keeping baby boy's closet organized, so I decided to make my own!


Time: 15 - 20 minutes
Materials: 

1 pack of foam door hangers (came in a pack of 9, I only used 6)
Wooden Decor items (one per hanger)
Hot glue
Sticker numbers

I bought everything at Michael's. I used a 40% off coupon and my teacher ID, overall everything cost me approximately a total of $15.



Directions: 

1. Cut a piece of the circle out so you can hang it in the closest. (If your closet has a open bar where you can just slide it on then you can skip this step). Don't cut the space too big or the hanger could fall off. 



2. Use hot glue to add the wooden decor items to the foam hangers.  Even though our nursery will not be jungle/animal themed, I couldn't resist because they were so cute! 

3. Use your stickers to label each foam hanger with the months/sizes. I actually ended up using different stickers than the ones I bought, I had some extra at home that I liked better.





Close up of the first 3 dividers


Close up of the last 3 dividers

4. Hang in the closet and keep baby's clothes organized! 


Tip: If I had really thought about it, I would have made sure the dividers were hanging the other way, where the open space was on the inside to help keep the dividers more sturdy. 

This project was very simple and didn't take very much time at all. I love how they turned out! It definitely satisfied my nesting mode until the school year is over. Let me know if you decide to make your own! I would love to see your version!

No comments: