Sunday, January 4, 2015

Organizing Most Used Resources

I am linking up with The Elementary Entourage today to share one way I stayed organized in my classroom!


They are having a few different link ups to share ideas throughout January! Make sure you head over to their blog and check it out!

In my classroom and school, we have a 40 minute no new teaching block. This is a time for students to practice and reinforce skills we've already learned. My students usually have a choice board based on the Daily 5 to work on during this time.

Since students get to pick which activity they want to work on, they all might need a lot of different materials and resources each day. This is where my rainbow cart comes in!


This cart has 10 drawers that I can fill with the materials students might need. I use this cart to store notebook paper, white paper, construction paper, National Geographic magazines, storyboard mats, reading task cards, word work activities. My students can go and grab what materials they need instead of asking me for it. They know where the materials is and I labeled most of the drawers to help them out! This allows me to focus more on working with small groups instead of managing materials. I also have a clear cart by my desk that helps me organize all the materials I need for the week (copies, books, etc). 




This is a close up of three labeled drawers! I would also recommend investing in a label maker, it will be your best friend I promise! 

I bought my rainbow cart at Michaels, they had a storage sale and I used my teacher id to get 15% off! I know you can also find them at Sams and maybe other craft stores. Click here to see one on Amazon but I know you can find it cheaper than that. 

This cart is also wonderful since I am very limited on space in my mobile classroom. 

How do you stay organized?

2 comments:

Melissa Dailey said...

Ohh, I love this cart! It's so pretty and looks like it would keep me organized! Thank you for sharing and for linking up!
Melissa from Mrs. Dailey's Classroom

Mrs. Plemons' Kindergarten said...

Those carts are the best!! I found mine at walmart for pretty cheap last year. Thanks for sharing how you use them :)