Saturday, August 30, 2014

Overheard in 2nd Grade

Hello! I survived our first full week of school! To say I am exhausted would be an understatement but I am enjoying getting to know my students and I am very excited to watch them grow and learn this year! How was your first week?

After spending a full week with second graders, I was reminded of how much they make me laugh. Here are just a few of my favorite things I heard this week in 2nd grade.

Student (on the 2nd day of school): You are the best second grade teacher I've ever had!
Me: I'm the only second grade teacher you've had.
Student: I know but you are still the best!

How sweet is that?

After we had a bug in our classroom and I was in the process of helping it return to nature, some students were outraged and afraid I was going to kill it. One student commented with "It's okay guys, flys like to die." 

Sitting at lunch, after finishing an ice cream sandwich first and did not eat anything else on their plate: "Can I go buy some more ice cream?"

Of course my all time favorite was a note from a student 2 years ago during teacher appreciation week. He wrote: "Dear Mrs. Joy, Thanks for being a great chicken."

I am looking forward to many more laughs and giggles this year as well as lots of learning!


Here is a panoramic of my tiny mobile classroom (of course I've already changed the seating arrangement). I always feel like The Genie when I talk about my classroom size it is an "itty bitty learning space."


Which comment or note from one of your students makes you laugh?







1 comment:

Rebecca Crago said...

I always love hearing what they have to say! You never know what will come out of their mouths next! Those were good ones too. Thanks for the laughs. 😄