Monday, July 7, 2014

DIY: Ombre Heart Bookmarks

I love reading, especially during the summer when I have a lot more free time! I also love paper crafts. One of my favorite and easiest crafts is handmade bookmarks! I recently made some ombre heart bookmarks (I still love the ombre look). They were so easy to make (please forgive the quality of my pictures, the light in my craft room is not the best)!

Materials: 
- Paint chip samples from your local hardware store
- Bookmarks (you can buy a pack of 50 at the craft store for $2-$3)
- Glue or Scotch Pop-Up Foam Squares
- Heart punch out


I love using the paint samples because they are usually free and the ombre part is already done for you! 


Directions: 

1. Gather all of your materials
2. Pick which ombre color you want to work with first.
3. Line up the paint chip with your punch out to make sure it fits. I found it was easier for me if I cut the three different colors apart.


4. Punch out all three hearts. Feel free to use a different shape! 
5. Use the Scotch Pop Up Foam Squares to attach your hearts to the bookmark. You could also use glue. Glue will allow the hearts to lay flat on the bookmark. 


Now you have new beautiful and colorful bookmarks to share with your friends and family! Let me know if you try this! I would love to see what you create! Happy reading and crafting! 




No comments: