I bought all of my candle materials at Michael's or AC Moore. If you use their smartphone apps or coupons, you can get everything for a great price. It cost me about $10 and I was able to make 3 medium sized candles.
wicks (make sure you pick out the right size based on your container)
microwavable container (or a double boiler or melting pot)
microwave (or stove)
spoon pr spatula to stir
cloth or potholder
1. Gather all materials
2. Pour wax into microwavable container (using the microwave was much easier and faster!)
3. Place your wick in your candle container. I usually use a clothespin to hold the wick in place, this time I used chopsticks. The clothespins work better.
4. Melt the wax in the microwave in 15 second intervals (follow the directions that came with your wax)
5. Take out the wax and stir occasionally. Use a cloth or potholder, your container will continue to get hot!
|This is what it starts to look like as it melts.|
7. Then add the scent to your melted wax. I used a strawberry scent. You can add as much or as little as you want depending on how strong you want the smell to be.
8. Pour the wax into your candle container! Don't pour too fast.
|Here the color is more of a red, but it actually turned out a rose pink!|
9. Wait for the wax to harden. Then trim the wick and enjoy your new candle!
Overall, I am very happy with how this turned out! I love how beautiful it is! I can't wait to light it and have my home smell like strawberries!