Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Math Thinking Map FREEBIE

My class has 45 minutes for math workshop every day. One thing I have been working on this year is differentiating my math stations to meet the needs of my students. Of course the first thing I do is to start searching on Pinterest for math station ideas and tips on how to differentiate. 

In second grade, we spend a lot of time representing numbers in different ways. I came across a Math Thinking Map on Pinterest that I loved but was unable to locate the original source so I created one myself (if you know the original source please let me know so I can give credit where it's due).  





I have used this to help differentiate in my classroom; depending on the place value skills my students need to work on, some students complete the math thinking map using a 2 digit number, whiles others might complete it with a 3 or 4 digit number. You can also use it for a number of the day! Grab your free copy here or click on the picture.

Let me know if you use it in your classroom and how it works for you! 

No comments: