Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I Love Our Home: Flowers


We have lived in our home for a year and a half. I love our home and have decided to share bits and pieces of my favorite parts with you all. Since I don't know the first thing about taking care of a yard, I decided to start with flowers. 

The family that lived here before us spent a lot of time on the landscaping. I am extremely grateful for this. In the spring and summer we have beautiful plants that grow. My absolute favorites are the blue hydrangeas that grow in our back yard. Hydrangeas are my favorite flower so it always make me smile to look out my kitchen window and see these beautiful flowers. 


We also have flowers growing in our front yard. They are white and they smell absolutely amazing. They have a really sweet smell, similar to honeysuckles. It is a wonderful scent to greet me when I come home. Do you know that name of them? 


What is your favorite flower or plant around your home?



4 comments:

Ari @ The Pace of it All said...

Those white flowers look like gardenias, we have some at home and I absolutely adore the smell. So delicious. Love your hydrangeas too, they're so pretty!

Megan said...

I love our garden too but mainly because it is easy care lots of native plants, my favourite part though is the fruit and lemon trees.
Do you like gardening? I think I am going to have to get a little more into it.

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

I live in my dad's guest house temporarily so I haven't planted anything. I LOVE your flowers though!! :)

:: Lavender's Green :: said...

I love hydrangeas! I wish we could grow them at our place, but I think we have too much direct sunlight which would just burn them.

You'll probably be horrified by this, but we don't have any flowers at our house. When we first bought our house it was an overgrown jungle so we made the decision to remove everything. Literally. Everything went and we started with a blank canvas. We now have a lovely backyard of fresh green lawn, and we're trying to grow Orange Jasmine bushes along the front fence but the soil is really hard so we're going to have to pull them up and really work at the soil before anything can grow there.

x Jasmine