Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens

Last week, my mom and I took a trip to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens to celebrate her birthday! 
Although it was pretty hot and humid out, we really enjoyed exploring the gardens. 

The current theme is a Summer of Color. 
It was so beautiful to see all the different flowers and plants arranged by color. 
I actually took pictures with my camera (not my iPhone). 




Throughout the gardens paint cans were placed so it appeared the colored paint was spilling out onto the flowers. It was very creative. 


There were also many unique flowers and plants that were new to me. 


Other than having beautiful flowers and plants around the gardens, there were also several fountains. 


I am not sure about you, but I find it extremely peaceful and relaxing to listen to the sounds of a water fountain (even if it is 100 degrees out). 


This was probably my favorite, mainly because you could walk under it and cool off! 



This was my favorite view from the day. It was so amazing to see the colorful plants going down both sides of the water fountain. I probably could of stood here most of the day. 

What is your favorite flower/plant? 




No comments: