Monday, July 16, 2012

Crafty!

Since it is summer, I have been working hard to try and complete some of the crafts from my Pinterest board. 
There are so many lovely ideas and only so much time during the school year to complete them. 
Here are a few pictures of my completed crafts. 

Melted Crayon Art - I loved this craft. It was so much fun to complete. I cannot wait to put it up in my classroom. 

Headband - Original idea
This was very easy to complete. I bought a stretchy headband at Target and the flowers I found at Mary Jo's Fabric store for 98 cents. Then I used some hot glue to stick them together. It adds a little something extra to almost any outfit.

 Lace Earring Holder - Original Idea
This is such a pretty way to put my earrings on display. The original site has a great tutorial on how to complete this project. (please forgive the poor quality phone picture).

Ticket Shadow Box - Original
This is probably my favorite craft so far. We absolutely love to go to the movies and after 6 years of going to see movies I had a lot of tickets saved up. I knew that I did not want to throw them away, but was also unsure of what to do with them. Then I saw this idea on Pinterest. While the original is for all types of tickets, ours is focused mainly on movie tickets. I found the shadow box, scrapbook paper, and stickers at Michael's.
The most challenging part of this project was finding a way to make an opening in the top, so we can continue to add movie tickets over the years. Thankfully my father had just the right tool. 

What is your favorite craft you have made or are planning to make?

2 comments:

rinniez said...

wow the crayon one looks exactly like the ones on pinterest! was it very hard? I always thought it sounded like it could go wrong easily.
:)
xx

applesandglue said...

Love them all! I want to do the crayon one but I think I'd make a mess lol. And you have the cutest earrings.