Sunday, May 20, 2012

DIY Canvas Art

Since we have been in our house, I am constantly keeping my eye out for art or anything to decorate our home. 
However a lot of decorative pieces seemed to be expensive. 
I was thrilled when I came across this lovely idea on Pinterest.

I already had a canvas, so all I needed was some letter stickers and paint!


I painted the entire canvas blue then placed the stickers on. 
After the stickers were placed, I painted over the canvas with black.  
I used two coats of paint. 
Then impatiently waited for it to dry. 
Once it was dry, I peeled the stickers off. 


It is not perfect but I love it. 

I also had another canvas and wanted to make something else to add to our home decor. 
I decided to use a piece of scrapbook paper and some ModPodge (love this stuff). It was very simple and I love how it turned out. 


We hung up both pieces on our wall collage with some of our engagement and wedding pictures. 


This wall was blank for the longest time, I absolutely love looking at it now. 
(please forgive the poor quality phone pictures) 

What is your most recent DIY project?











2 comments:

tinita said...

what a great post. It makes me inspired.

Thanks for putting up

http://lifecanvas.sg

Ian brss said...

Grate job, we can also see your creativity in this blog, you have good imagination, it looking so attractive when you hang it on the wall.

wall art