Tuesday, November 8, 2011

That Time I Met My Favorite Author

A long time ago,  I created a list of 101 Things to do in 1001 Days.
Lately, I haven't done a very great job of keeping up with it. 

One of the things on my list is to write my favorite author a letter, telling them how much I have enjoyed reading their books. Well I am pretty confident that meeting that author in person definitely trumps writing him a letter. 

Of course my favorite author is Nicholas Sparks. 
I was able to meet him a few weeks ago at one of his book signings.
I bought his new book, The Best of Me and now it is autographed! 
I was so nervous and excited all at the same time. 
Nicholas Sparks was very nice and it was so wonderful to meet him!



Have you ever met anyone famous?

3 comments:

This Ordinary, Everyday Life said...

That is awesome! I love Nicholas Sparks!!! I have read all but two of his books! :) The only famous person I have met is the country singer Brantley Gilbert, loved it!

Chelsea Elizabeth. said...

Aw! That is so great!! You are lucky, he is such an amazing author! My favorite book by him is "Dear John" . SO much better than the movie. I met Julianne Hough last Novemeber. :) Thats my extent of meeting famous people though haha.

<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

Alli said...

How cool! I would love to meet my favorite authors. I can't believe you got a photo with him too. You're right, that trumps a letter!