Sunday, November 20, 2011

Locks of Love

Since my junior year of college, I have been growing out my hair so that I could have long beautiful hair on my wedding day. I was so happy with my hair on my wedding day. It was beautiful and perfect. 


But to be honest, long hair can be extremely annoying and frustrating. It would take me a good 10 minutes just to brush my hair after washing it. I could spend anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour blow drying and straightening my hair. I decided it was time for a hair cut. It took me a while to decide exactly how much to cut off. My hair hasn't been above my shoulders since high school. 

After a lot of back and forth, I decided to cut off enough to donate to Locks of Love.
I cut off 11 inches of my hair. It was a dramatic change, but I am very happy with it. 
Especially knowing that my hair will help someone in need. 

(the back after getting it cut)


(the front, Tim and I at the Renaissance Festival)


4 comments:

Chelsea Elizabeth. said...

That is such a pretty wedding photo. :)

And, you look BEAUTIFUL with short hair! I agree, long hair is such a pain to have. I dont know if I could ever deal with hair longer than what I have now.

<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

Christina said...

Looks great! I donated mine to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths after my wedding. Short hair wasn't my thing, but it always grows back!

Brooke said...

Aw I love it! I grew mine out too :) and I wanted to go to the renaissance festival when it was here! I hope it was fun :D

Alli said...

I love your hair! It's really not even short. I always want to grow mine out but I am way too low maintenance. I could never spend more than 10 minutes doing work on my appearance. I actually wish I had some of that dedication... Your new cut is looking great on you and I love your color! You had great foresight with your wedding hair. I only have been growing it out for a year (from a VERY short cut) for my wedding this summer.