Wednesday, June 1, 2011

An Organized Bride

I am a huge fan of organization. 
It keeps my stress level way down. 
Here are a few things I've done to stay an organized bride (so far).


My sister gave me this bag. I love it. I love that I was able to customize it with our pictures. 
I keep all my important wedding information in it to keep from losing it. 


I think one of the first things I did was create a Wedding Binder.
I use this to keep all of my ideas together.
This binder holds my lists of things to do in one spot (I think I have four or five right now).
I also added in dividers for specific details. 


The dividers are pockets, so if something isn't hole punched I can just keep it in the pocket. 
I have a section for Budget, Bridal Party, Vendors, Guests, Ceremony, and Reception. 
This helps my binder stay organized and I can easily find what I am looking for. 


I also created these folders to give to my bridesmaids. 
I just used extra folders we had around the house and some scrapbook paper I had lying around. 
Inside the folder is a list of important phone numbers, Tim and I along with the rest of the bridal party. 
Also the dates and addresses for the rehearsal and wedding. 
They can use the folders to keep up with any other wedding information, that way it is all in the same place. 

These are just a few things I've done to help keep me organized and remain sane. 

How do you stay organized?

15 comments:

Kell said...

What cute ideas, and the bridesmaid's folders are adorable!

Pia said...

Wow, you are so organized! I am impressed. :)

Andrea Reh said...

You're like Monica! I'm a big fan of folders - when I was planning my trip to Europe I had a folder divided into all the different countries... My Dad teased me so much!

Just found your blog - would love it if you stopped by mine sometime.

Andrea x
andreareh.blogspot.com

PS: Congrats on the up-coming wedding!

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

SO sweet. x hivenn

Alyssa said...

Being a prepared bride is the best.
some of the brides i see are a complete mess and are stressed beyond belief because they forget to organize things like A DRESS!

Cannot wait to see your wedding!

Sarah said...

Wow! I am amazed at how organised you are! I am the chief bridesmaid for my best friend's wedding in July and I would have LOVED to have received such a beautiful folder full of important information. I'm sure your bridesmaids won't be able to thank you enough for all the work you put into keeping them organised and up-to-date!

The bag from your sister is beautiful too. Such a thoughtful gift!

Thanks for the inspiration!

-Sarah

Dorota said...

I wish I was organized!I really would like to become organized,my life would be so easy then:)
have a lovely afternoon!
jewellerybijou.com

Tiffany said...

What a great idea! The folders for the BMs will be really helpful!

Sarah said...

The main key to staying organized for me is making a to-do list and posting up my datelines. :) Really keeps me in check at all times. My to-do list is almost always on a post-it stuck on my table so I'm always facing it - constantly being reminded of what needs to be done. :)

The bag is too adorable! And I love 1 Corinthians 13! It's a good chapter to hold on to especially for relationships. :)

All the best with planning! x

Kristin said...

WOW...If only I had been that organized...Maybe I wouldn't have been as stressed! Haha!

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

wow that is amazing. I have much to learn

stoppingfordaisies said...

Love how organized you are.. and those folders are darling!

Hearthandmade said...

such an excellent idea!! I love it! I bet you are just about to burst with excitement ^_^


Claire

http://www.hearthandmade.co.uk

Gracie said...

You are really organised and that's always good for a wedding. I loved my wedding folder and little notebook I kept with me. It's definitely keeps you sane and good for keeping all your wedding ideas together. x

Annabelle Fleur said...

Wow, you are a lot more organized then I was before my wedding! I wish I was reading your blog back then:) We were so stressed we forgot to pick up the wedding menus and place cards! Can you imagine:) Now, I simply write everything down! Love your blog and now following! Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

Kisses,
Ananbelle
http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com