Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Inexpensive Dates

Tim and I have been together for quite some time (five years and counting).
We started dating in high school and through four years of college. 
So we have definitely had dates where we didn't spend very much, if anything at all. 


One day we looked up streets that had our names. 
Then we drove to these streets and took our picture in front of the street sign. 
All we spent was the gas money, back when it was a much lower price. 


We also went on a few picnics to our local park. 
Grabbed a blanket, some food, and a deck of cards. 
We talked, ate, and just had fun. 


We also love to visit our local AMC movie theater on the weekdays when it's $5 movie day!

What is one of your favorite date activities?



6 comments:

AgnesandAmy said...

Aw, I love the idea of finding streets with your names and taking pictures! So fun! Too bad the closest Amy Street or anything similar a few hours away. But if we ever go on vacation anywhere, I'll have to remember this and look to see if the place we're going has one :)

Courtney B said...

I love it!! That would be so fun to go search for street names :) And I don't think we've been on a picnic in our 3 years of marriage...AH! That's on my list for this summer!

Chelsea Elizabeth. said...

Aw! I love the street sign idea! Me and Derek go for long walks on the backroads around here or we go on picnics. And we go on ice cream dates-a lot. Haha.

<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

Krysten @ After 'I Do' said...

I love it, that sounds like the perfect date!

ae said...

Love the street sign idea!!

Alli said...

That street idea is so sweet! We will definitely have to do that. :)

Hmm... inexpensive dates? We like to cook together, we'll walk around Target and pick out things for our future house. We also go on Frosty runs from Wendy's so randomly one of us will suggest it and we'll just drive down the street and pay a couple of dollars for two frosties.

I'm a new follower to your blog. I'm so glad you stopped by mine because looking at yours we could be good friends. I'm going through your 101 page an we have several on the list in common. Plus it's nice to see other engaged couples - most of blog land is married. :) Noah and I are just over six years now and we started dating in high school too. Just finished with my college career. Looking forward to learning more about you!