Monday, June 6, 2011

Book Review: Safe Haven

Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks


Summary: When a mysterious young woman named Katie appears in the small North Carolina town of Southport, her sudden arrival raises questions about her past. Beautiful yet self-effacing, Katie seems determined to avoid forming personal ties until a series of events draws her into two reluctant relationships: one with Alex, a widowed store owner with a kind heart and two young children; and another with her plainspoken single neighbor, Jo. Despite her reservations, Katie slowly begins to let down her guard, putting down roots in the close-knit community and becoming increasingly attached to Alex and his family. (via Goodreads)


Review: I am a huge Nicholas Sparks fan, I've read all of his books. Although I find most of his books pretty predictable and they all follow a similar pattern, I am still drawn to them. I started this book, and his writing style pulled me in as it always does. Katie had a secret but was looking for away to start over and leave her secret behind. Her secret kept her from letting her guard down and to be able to fall in love again. A typical plot line for Sparks but I still wanted to know what happened. I remember at one point thinking, "I know what will happen in the end." Although I did to an extent, I was surprised by the ending. The last few chapters had me on the edge of the chair, it was so intense and I could not stop reading. This was such an amazing book, I highly recommend this one. It was well written and definitely pulled me in from the beginning. I gave Safe Haven 5 out 5 stars on Goodreads. 




Have you read it? What did you think?

3 comments:

KY said...

This sounds like a great read!! I currently have my summer reading list up on my blog, and I should probably add this one to it, too :) xo

Megan said...

Oh I haven't read this before, it sounds like an interesting read I will have to put it on my list to read.

mrskandcaptainj.com said...

I really liked this book, too! It wasn't as predictable as some of his others. It might be one of my favs from him.