Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Visit to Valle Crucis

This past weekend was very busy but wonderful at the same time. 
My grandparents made it to Boone for my graduation, so on Saturday Tim and I took a trip to Valle Crucis with them.

This is beautiful and small community about 15 - 20 minutes from Boone. 
We enjoyed exploring the original Mast General Store. There are a handful of these stores throughout the High Country. It was nice to see the original, which is a working post office. Pretty cool, right?

Tim and I in front of the store. 
I love the old gas station sign. 

My grandparents in front of the store. 

Behind the store was a building that used to be a school house. 
Isn't it cute? I would love to teach in a building like this. 




We had to sit on the porch of the school house and enjoy the beautiful view around us. 
While I don't think I could live in a small town, it would be perfect for relaxing weekend getaways.


Part of the view.

 I have so much to share with you from my very eventful weekend. I think I took close to 200 pictures over the course of 3 days. I might be a little crazy.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! 

Where is your favorite weekend getaway?

4 comments:

stoppingfordaisies.com said...

Aw how cute, I love it! I want a porch to sit on. :)

Jennifer Lynn said...

That town looks so cute!!! I love small towns!

Kristin said...

That looks like such a darling place! I love visiting our fam's mountain home in GA!

Chelsea Elizabeth. said...

Aw! This place seems so adorable and you look so cute. What a great little getaway. My favorite weekend getaway is this lake resort for baoting near here called "Raystown". I love it, it's this huge beautiful lake in the middle of the mountains.

<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com