Friday, May 6, 2011

Next Stop, Graduation!

Wednesday was my last day of student teaching. 
I was very sad to leave my silly students and all the wonderful people I had the opportunity to work with.  

All of the students were so sweet today. 
They gave me some very entertaining letters.
My two favorite letters said, "You are the flower of my heart" and "You are so good you should be in a wedding." 

Some of my favorite comments:
"If you don't come back tomorrow, I won't either."
"Can I come to college with you?"
"If you leave, I'll cry all day."

And the comment that made me laugh the most:
"Will you give me some sugar?" 
He was referring to hugs, but I was always under the impression it meant kisses.
So of course I shared a hug with him.


This semester was very challenging for me. I learned to handle situations I never imagined would come up. 
There many times were I was so stressed, frustrated, and discouraged that I couldn't wait to be finished with the semester. Then I would remember this quote:

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow."
 -Mary Anne Radmacher


It reminded me to keep trying, to not give up. It help me remember that I needed those students in my life as much as they needed me in theirs.

I enjoyed my time student teaching and I am so grateful for all the things I learned.
Now I am glad to be graduating and hopefully having the opportunity to lead my own classroom.
On Sunday I will be a college graduate! 

9 comments:

Perfect Pairings Events & Boutique said...

Can't believe we're graduating! Can't wait to see what the future holds for us!

Brooke said...

How fun! Congrats :) I used to teach pre-K and it was so sad to leave them!

Alisha said...

Congrats on graduation! Those letters from your students are the sweetest.

Happy weekend.

PS. Great picture too!

stoppingfordaisies.com said...

Congrats on your almost graduation! And aw, what sweet notes and comments.. kids are the best.

Alyssa said...

In a few hours you will be a graduate!!! exciting!

congrats x

Kristin said...

Many congrats on graduating lady!!

Jennifer Lynn said...

Happy Graduation!!!

Young People in Love said...

HUZZAH! Congrats, girl! Teaching is kinda great :) You're gonna love it!

Nicole Marie said...

i learned so so so much student teaching!