Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Earth Day!


On Saturday, for Earth Day, Lowe's was giving away free trees. 
Their goal was to hand out one million trees.
So of course we got our free tree and planted it in order to celebrate Earth Day!!


Look at how cute our tree is! We were surprised by the size, in a good way.
I was very excited to plant our tree!


Step 1: Fill your pot up with soil!!


Step 2: Place your tree in the pot and make sure it is surrounded by dirt.


Step 3: Water your plant! Make sure you don't flood it!


Step 4: Place your tree in the sun and watch it grow! Yay!

I was ecstatic about our tree.
I can't wait until Tim and I have our own home so we can plant it in the ground.

How did you celebrate Earth Day?

10 comments:

Katy Mary said...

omg what a great idea. I wish I knew!! Love your little tree.

Ari said...

Aw yay, what a cute little tree!

I read The Lorax to my students and we talked about ways to help the planet. :)

love jenny xoxo said...

ahhh so cute!! Good luck with the little guy!

XOXO

Kristin said...

Nooooo, the hubs and I so meant to go get our tree and we forgot. Boo!

JustFindIt4U said...

We probably shop at the same Lowes, lol. We also planted ours in a smaller clay pot, and are going to transplant it next year. My Daughter plans on dragging it in every year to be our Christmas tree, she doesn't realize how big it will get.
Great pictures btw!

Chelsea Elizabeth. said...

aww! I would've been excited too. That little tree is adorable and it looks like you had a fun time planting it. :)

<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

Megan said...

This is so cool! How great that they give them away for free.

elisabeth said...

i love earth day!
that's so awesome they were handing out trees!
it makes me so happy.

♥elisabeth

S. said...

What a great thing to do!

Love
/S / http:// mydarlingsolitude.blogspot.com

Kara said...

Yay. Good for you planting a tree!