Monday, April 18, 2011

Guest Post: Caroline

I am so grateful that Sarah is allowing me guest post on her beautiful blog today! A few things about myself…I’m Caroline and I am a sophomore at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC. I am studying to become an elementary school teacher! I am the middle child of two sisters, which let me tell you, makes for an interesting life. I am currently a part of a new initiative starting at Appalachian- a church called Elevation Global. It is incredible exciting and consumes my life right now! I also have a little blog of my own, When God's Design Met Caroline which I love dearly! When Sarah asked for me to start brainstorming ideas for a blog post, a blog post from my Pastor immediately came to mind. He wrote,

“Happiness is not finding the right person.
It’s being the right person.” – Pastor Steven Furtick


I cannot tell you how inspired I was by this quote! Speaking as a single gal and someone who is searching for Mr. Right, I cannot help but cling to these words. A lot of times girls, especially college girls, believe that they will find a portion of their happiness when they have found someone to spend the rest of their life with. When they have finally settled into a happy, comfortable, healthy relationship. When they have found someone they are head over heels in love with. When they have a sparkling ring on their left hand that promises a forever. Now, don’t get me wrong, I want all of that! (Truth be told, I want that a lot!) But, I realize that right now may not be the season in my life where I will find my Mr. Right. I do believe that God is preparing me for the man that I will spend the rest of my life with. And I choose to find my happiness in that fact. “Stop looking for the person of your dreams and start becoming someone another person is dreaming about. Make someone else’s dreams become a reality.” I am thrilled with the fact that as a single girl, I am able to concentrate completely on building myself up. I am able to have closer friendships with my girls, participate in various activities and groups, and also grow in my relationship with Christ. I consider this season in my life a true blessing. I want to be a blessing to my husband one day when I finally marry him. I want to be completely prepared to love him with all of my heart because I went through this period of waiting in my life.
In a newer blog post, Pastor Steven wrote this, 
“If you’re single, stop waiting for God to bring you the right person and start running after God with everything you’ve got. When you see someone running alongside of you, you’ll know God’s will has fallen into place.”

How encouraging is it that all we need to do is be ourselves and continue to live our everyday lives and God will take care of the rest?? Don’t waste another second of your life basing your happiness of your dating life. You may be waiting in a season of your life for God to bring the right person. Or you may be wondering if the person you’re dating is the right person. He will do it. He will reveal it. In the meantime, be what you’re looking for. It is always God’s will for you to become the kind of man or woman that will be the husband or wife of someone else’s dreams.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for sharing with us Caroline and providing us with this encouraging message. Make sure you stop over at Caroline's wonderful blog and show her some love. 

1 comment:

Chelsea Elizabeth. said...

Im so glad you shared! That is such h a beautiful quote, continue to cling onto it. I think those words are important to remember. :)
<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com