Sunday, March 20, 2011

Our Engagement Story!

I am a terrible blogger! 
I just realized I shared with you that I was engaged and when it happened, but I did not share with you all the details! Please forgive me. Here is the story:

{taken the day after in the spot}

Tim had been planning a surprise trip to Charleston, SC for a few days before my birthday. We were both really excited for the trip and to be able to spend a lot of time together. The morning of the proposal, we went to visit the South Carolina Aquarium. After we spent a few hours there, we continued exploring the beautiful city and decided to take a carriage tour. Our tour took us through the historic district, around Rainbow Row, the battery, and many beautiful historic homes. After our carriage ride we decided to walk back down the peninsula, and  stopped to sit on a bench under a gorgeous canopy of trees right next to the water. Tim asked me how much I loved him. I answered "a whole lot", and then he pulled out the ring box and asked "Enough to marry me?" And I said "Yes, of course!" 

I was extremely happy and had a hard time believing it was real.
Now we are planning our wedding for October 2011. 


8 comments:

Brooke said...

that's so sweet!! and yes I am so glad Spring has sprung here in Charlotte. all the pretty flowers :)

Chelsea Elizabeth. said...

Oh my gosh! Awww. That is so so sweet! What a wonderful way to get engaged. :) I am so happy for you. :)

<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

Modern Southerner said...

Congratulations! That's a beautiful story!

Gracie said...

Aww that's beautiful! I think that's a great way to get engaged and glad that you are now planning your wedding.

Mike said...

That's great planning onhis part, very romantic (I'm a guy, I have to give him credit where it's due). I proposed in Las Vegas, I dropped the ring in the champagne glass, and of course she almost drank it! Now 25 years later, we're still together! Good luck to both of you.

Diana said...

Congrats, this is so sweet.

Kristin said...

So darn sweet! An October wedding will be beautiful!

Tarver said...

Congratulations! That is SO sweet, I'm so happy for you! I know you'll be a beautiful bride, I can't wait to see more about it!