Student teaching has definitely been a learning experience.
It has kept me very busy (and exhausted).
I have learned a lot.
I've learned things that I could never learn from a lecture class.
Student teaching has helped me learn:
- how to stay calm when a student spits at you
- to not make a disgusting face when a student uses the classroom floor as a toilet
-to pick my battles (some just aren't worth the energy)
-how to become a copy machine technician (think that can go on my resume?)
-the importance of sleep
- not too take life so seriously
- to expect the unexpected (you never know what will happen or what will be said)
- everyone has their bad days
(and I'm only half way through the semester. 62 days until graduation!)