Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Anniversary Adventure

This weekend to celebrate our anniversary, Tim and I went on an adventure in downtown Charlotte.

We started off with lunch at Fuel Pizza. 

It was so delicious.
I have been craving it since I saw Chelsea enjoy it on her trip here!


After enjoying an appetizing lunch, we decided to head on over to the Public Library in downtown.
Neither one of us had been inside it, even though we've lived here all our lives.
It was wonderful to see so many books in one place. We each were able to find something to read and we spent a good thirty to forty minutes reading. 

After our trip to the library, we headed over to Imaginon.
It is actually a children's library. 
It was so bright and colorful. 
I can't wait until I can go there with someone under the age of 10. 


I loved this beautiful structure they had in the middle. 
It reminded of something that would have jumped right out a Dr. Seuss book. 


They also had this amazing section where you could share your story with an anonymous post-it. 
I thought it was such a neat idea. Each shadow person had someone's story on it.


This one was my favorite. 
They also had some interesting structures outside! 
I will share those later. 

We had fun spending all day together. 

What do you enjoying doing with people you love?

4 comments:

Kristin said...

You have no idea how much I want pizza now!

Brooke said...

I haven't been there yet!! Looks awesome though :D

Chelsea Elizabeth. said...

Oh my goodness! I just saw this post and yesterday Derek and I were just talking about how much we missed Fuel Pizza. Best. Place. EVER.

<3Chelsea Elizabeth
http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

Alyson and Shelley said...

Looks like such a fun date sarah!