Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Destined to be a Princess

When I was younger I was bound and determined that I was going to grow up and be a princess.
Sarah means princess in Hebrew so of course it was my destiny.
{image}
My birthday parties were princess themed.
Cinderella was my favorite!
I was a princess for Halloween almost every year.
I would have dreams about a prince coming to rescue me (ridiculous I know).
My Polly Pockets were always princesses in trouble and the prince would come save her!

Then I would always read the Dear Diary books about princesses and Queens.
I think I read every book in the library about Queen Elizabeth I and Princess Diana.
I used to want a veil like Princess Diana's. (not so much anymore)

Something about Queen Elizabeth I and her life fascinated me.
She was such a strong and powerful women especially for the time period she lived in.
I was impressed.

Unfortunately I probably won't be an "official" princess but Tim always tells me I am his princess.
Which is good enough for me.

What do (or did) you dream about being when you grow up?

3 comments:

Katy Mary said...

This is so cute. I dreamed about working with dolphins lol.

mirachantek said...

that' so sweet of Tim!
awwww

Sara said...

I love Queen Elizabeth I. I also have an odd fixation with Anne Boleyn and Katherine of Aragon and I've begun a recent exploration of Victoria.

I'm mostly nutburgers for British history.

And I wanted to be Whitney Houston when I was little.

Little did I know...