Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Exhausting

Last week I started my full-time internship.
I go to an elementary school every day. 
I'm gone from 6:45 am to about 4 pm every week day.
I am exhausted. 
I love going, and I love being with the kids but they steal all my energy. 
They have so many questions and stories to share. 
I am physically sore when I get home. Feels like I completed an intense workout (what's that?).

I know there are a lot of people who work longer and harder than I do. 
It has just been a major adjustment going from a college student schedule to a full-time work schedule.

Now I'm off to do homework. 
Hope you had a wonderful and relaxing Tuesday. 

4 comments:

AmyK said...

Definitely kudos to you; I wouldn't ever be able to handle it if I worked with kids. Last year I volunteered at the local elementary school--one hour a week, and even that one hour was exhausting. So kudos!

sarah nicole said...

How funny that we are name twins and both teachers too! Nice to "meet" you! : )

rinniez said...

I know ill be feeling the same in a few days... started a 2 week professional experience stint yesterday. Kindy kids are soooo much more energetic then the 5/6 kids i had last semester!
Good luck with it :)
xx

Sara said...

Don't forget to take care of yourself!

One thing I've learned about school and internships: nobody is going to advocate for you, so you've got to do it yourself!

Be kind to yourself.