Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The World


This is planet Earth, or the world. Which ever you prefer.
Sometimes I feel so insignificant. 
The world is so big and there are so many problems going on. 
What can I do to help?
I know every little thing helps but some days it is hard to remember that. 
I wish to be more involved, I want to help make the world a better, more peaceful place for future generations. 
I've been doing small things to make a difference and I felt like it was working.
But today in my social studies I learned about a problem in the Congo. 
It's a big problem and yet I didn't know about it.
Why didn't I? Why was it kept secret? What can I do to help? 
These questions were running through my mind as I learned more about it. 
And I was hit with an overwhelming feeling of sadness because it feels like no matter how hard I try, there will always be issues in the world that I cannot solve. 
I know one person cannot change the entire world.
Do I put too much faith in the human race?
Am I naive to believe that most humans want a change for the better?

Don't get me wrong I am not going to quit doing the small things I already do and I am not giving up.

Do you ever feel like this? What helps keep you encouraged and motivated?   

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Dont be disheartened lovely. You are doing your bit to make change happen. If everyone pitches in and does their bit then we will make for a better future xx

Connie said...

You are awesome
I think there are lots of people who care but sadly still those that don't. I guess all you can do is what you can do and hope they are inspired by your efforts (: