Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"So Slow Down Today..."

Last week as I was reading books on WeGiveBooks.org,
I read I Knew You Could by Craig Dorfman.
This book is part of the The Little Engine That Could series. 
I loved The Little Engine That Could when I was younger.

As I was reading I came across several quotes everyone should keep in mind.  
Of course I want to share them with you. 

“Don’t be afraid to toot your own horn, If you need to be heard or there are people to warn. Or if being yourself just makes you so proud , that you want to share it and sing it out loud.”

“Try to remember that the world is so wide, full of all kinds of people with their own trains to ride. Just stay true to yourself as you travel your track, with no second guessing and no looking back.”

“That’s when to push and to strive and to strain, to show the world you’re not a giving up train. And you’re wise if you know that doing your best means that sometimes you should just slow down and rest. Speeding through your whole trip will bring only sorrow, so slow down today to be happy tomorrow.”

These were my favorite and they had me feeling happy and inspired after I read the book. 
I highly recommend you go read the book and remember these things through out your week. :]

2 comments:

Kaleena J. said...

Yessssss! I love quotes. This one was my favorite:


“That’s when to push and to strive and to strain, to show the world you’re not a giving up train. And you’re wise if you know that doing your best means that sometimes you should just slow down and rest. Speeding through your whole trip will bring only sorrow, so slow down today to be happy tomorrow.”

Alyssa said...

wow. they are all amazing. it makes me smile to think kids are reading that book and having those thought instilled in them :)

Thankyou for sharing these my love xx