Monday, September 20, 2010

Making A Difference - BeadForLife

I have wanted to share this organization with you for a while now.

The seventh graders at the school I worked in for my internship over the summer were working on a community service project. For this project they were selling necklaces, bracelets, and earrings made by BeadForLife. Their mission statement is: BeadForLife creates sustainable opportunities for women to lift their families out of extreme poverty by connecting people worldwide in a circle of exchange the enriches everyone. (via)


These are a few of lovely beads these women make. All of the beads they make are made out of recycled magazines and paper.BeadForLife works mainly with women in Uganda who have been living in extreme poverty and working for a very low wage. To learn a lot more please watch this video:


 When I first saw this video at the school my eyes were watering. The work they are doing is amazing. And the beads they make are so beautiful. Buying a piece of BeadForLife jewelry helps the women in Uganda and it helps the rest of the world because you are recycling. :] 
I bought a pink bracelet and I love it. I really need to wear it more often. 

When I was told about this organization and what the students were doing for it, I felt inspired. 
Mainly because the students at this school did not have a lot and here they were helping others around the world. I hope to host a BeadForLife party one day. 

Please go explore their website, watch the video, and share with your friends. 

P.S. I hope you have a very peaceful day, since it is International Peace Day.

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

love love love love. want a bracelet.

Just Plain Tired said...

That was an eye opening video. Now that's an outfit truly making the difference in the lives of many people.

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

great post. great blog. great everything :)

Diana said...

Can I just say I love how everytime I come here I read about an organization you are contributing to? LOVE!

rachel! said...

gosh, i love organizations like this. or businesses. yes yes yes. awesome that you are involved with them!

rachel! said...

gosh, i love organizations like this. or businesses. yes yes yes. awesome that you are involved with them!