Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Howard's Knob

Tim and I went up to Howard's Knob on Sunday.
It was an amazing view. I can't believe this is my 4th year here and
 the first time I've visited Howard's Knob. 
From the top of this mountain you can see the entire town of Boone. 

This is pretty much the whole town. 

 You can see the entire campus. 

This is Grandfather Mountain. Can you tell why it's called that? 
Because it looks like a Grandfather! It's hard to tell from this picture. 

This is our football stadium, it looks so tiny when you look at it from the top of a mountain. 

Standing in front of the entire campus. Kind of crazy, right?
When I walk around campus I feel like it's so big. 
From here it looked much smaller. 


I really enjoyed visiting Howard's Knob and am hoping to go back once the leaves start to change to their fall colors. I also was happy that Tim came to visit me this weekend. He really is the best. :]
I hope you have an amazing day! 

7 comments:

Heather {A Measure Of...} said...

Aww, Grandfather mountain, love it! :)

Pia said...

It looks amazing! I wish there was a spot like this close to where I live!

AmyK said...

That view would be great for a picnic :)

Kristin said...

Amazing view is right! WOW!

Gracie said...

That is the most amazing view! I'm sure it was a beautiful day!

Sara said...

I haven't been there yet, but it looks like a lovely view.

I have, however, been to a place off the Blue Ridge pkwy called The Lump.

It sounds weird, it doesn't look that interesting, but it's a great place to bring a blanket and just hang out.

Diana said...

This is a beautiful view. I don't think we have something like this!