Monday, August 16, 2010

New Bern!

This weekend Tim and I took a trip to New Bern with his family. 


I was very excited about it. We got to spend a lot of time with his family and his grandparents which was really fun. We went out to the river house and spent some time there playing Bananagrams (my new favorite game).
The river was so beautiful. Give me a good book and I could have stayed there all day. 

Not the best picture of us (my hair was crazy)...but I love my new sunglasses. I could no longer wait for the Project You ones. I broke down and bought my own pair. 

On Sunday Tim and I spent some time walking around downtown New Bern. I kept my fingers crossed that I would run into Nicholas Sparks, but sadly I didn't. It was still a great trip. :)
Did you know New Bern used to be the capitol of North Carolina? 
This is Tryon Palace. It is so big and beautiful. It was the governor's home back in the 1700's.
  
Also New Bern is celebrating their 300th anniversary all year long. They have bears like this one all over the town.
You can go here to check out all the other bears. They made me laugh. 

I loved this house.  
I loved the small town historic feel of New Bern and enjoyed spending time with Tim and his family. If you get the opportunity to visit you should.

Hope you all had an amazing weekend!  

4 comments:

Sara said...

Love the sunglasses.

Oddly enough, I own Bananagrams, but have never played it.

Glad to know it's fun!

Sera said...

I love old big mansion homes. So beautiful!

Mrs. K said...

Looks like a lovely place to visit! I love historical, old towns.
My husband and I purchased Bananagrams a couple months ago. We enjoy it, too!

Karen said...

I grew up near New Bern. There is a lot of cool stuff to see down there. Glad you enjoyed it.