Tuesday, August 10, 2010

All My Doubts Fade Away...


After taking classes all summer and spending a lot of time just learning about teaching I was slowly starting to have a few doubts about whether or not I still wanted to teach. 
I was afraid that I had been determined to be a teacher for so long that I just didn't know what else to do with my life. This week I started my one week internship at a year round elementary school. 
All my doubts are gone. I know this is what I want to do and I love spending all day with the students. They are amazing, the teachers are amazing, and the school is amazing. I love everything about it. I am learning so much. I am so grateful my passion and desire has returned. I think I was just getting bored of sitting in college classrooms and listening to lectures all the time. I think the best way for me to learn is from experience and I am loving every minute of it. 

I thought I would have a lot of time to blog this week but I probably won't. I will probably have some stories for you once the week is over especially since I am sharing a hotel room with 4 other girls. I hope you are having an amazing week. 

What's your passion??

5 comments:

Sara said...

Isn't that a wonderful feeling?

I'm so happy for you!

I'm still waiting for that reassuring feeling, but I won't know for a while.

And hey, it's possible it won't come. Just part of the journey!

Diana said...

That's a great you decided this is what is right for you. I love archiving/documenting/everything about being a librarian. Even if i'm not working in a library right now, i truly love it.

Emma Jade said...

its so so great that you know exactly what you want to do! And teaching is such an awesome career choice.
I'm having a really hard time deciding what to do with my life at the moment, but I know everything will work out :)
xxx

Mindy said...

I went through the exact same thing. I started college wanted to be a journalist simply because it was a career that'd allow me to write, but I didn't know if it was the right fit after my first three years of college. Then I had an amazing internship that solidified my decision as the right one. I am so grateful for that opportunity to know, for sure, I was taking the best path possible. So many undergrads never have that chance or that moment.

Molly said...

I'm excited for you! How fun that actually being in a classroom confirms that it is where you want to/should be!

I love, love, love to dance and just recently returned to teaching a few classes and I could not be more excited about it.