Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Our America Celebration!


Tim and I celebrated America together this Sunday.
We planned to go see fireworks that evening in Boone, but we waited for 30 minutes and they still hadn't started. 
So we took a trip to Wal-Mart and bought some Morning Glorys to light on our own. 
It's illegal to buy fireworks in NC but luckily my neighbors drove to another state and bought some. 
We were able to watch fireworks from my back porch and then we played Monopoly City. 

I am not a huge fan at Monopoly mainly because I always lose unless I'm playing some one much younger than me. This new version was fun but it took me a while to remember all the new rules.
We had a fun day. Hope you, your family, and friends all had a great day as well.



8 comments:

Sara said...

It's illegal to buy fireworks here??

Man, you'd never know it.

Katy Mary said...

Sounds like a fun day!! Glad you got to set off your own fireworks :)

Mrs. K said...

Glad you had a good 4th! I'm no good at monopoly either. I think only coniving people are ;)

Mindy said...

My boyfriend absolutely refuses to play Monopoly with me. He whines that it 1) takes too long and 2) is no fun with two people. Lame sauce.

Sarah Nicole said...

Mindy - I need to get you and Tim together to play. It's his favorite game. haha.

Kristin said...

And scratch that about displaying our banner. I see it right in front of my blind eyes. HA!

Kristin said...

I'm a Monopoly addict. Must check out the new version!

O-M-G...that venue in the 3rd pic. Soooooo gorgeous! I hope your bestie has a beautiful day!!

p.s. Thank you SO much for joining our Rosebud network. We would love it if you would display our "I'm a Rosebud" banner somewhere on your beautiful blog. If it's already there and I missed it, please forgive me. I'm gonna blame it on not enough caffeine. HA! Don't forget to show your pretty bloggy face over at la blog! We're linking one of you nearly every day and featuring one of you every week and we're really hoping to drum up lots of support for our network members! Big hugs!

Kristin said...

Ummmm, as you can see I was cutting and pasting. Ignore the MAKES NO SENSE comment about the "3rd pic" HA!