Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rule Number 6

{weheartit}

For my music class we are reading The Art of Possibility.
At first I was not looking forward to reading this book but it is surprisingly a really interesting book.
You should read it if you get the chance. 

There is a chapter in the book called Rule Number 6.
Rule Number 6 is "Don't take yourself so gosh darn seriously
Do you know what the best part is?
There are no other rules.

After reading this chapter I thought "Wow, I really need to remember this." Sometimes I get so caught up in what other people think of me. I need to remember this rule. Life is about having fun and enjoying yourself. There are some days when I make a mistake or feel completely ridiculous for something I did or said, on these days I need to remember Rule Number 6. I hope you have a wonderful day and remember "Don't take yourself so gosh darn seriously." 

10 comments:

Smart Ass Sara said...

Agreed- I think it's harder to live like you don't care what other people think of you than it is to care so much about it. I don't care and I can tell you that I'm a thousand times happier than most of my friends.

Sara said...

I like that picture, too.

A lot of the time, I get super cranky (shocking, I know) and need to remember to calm my sauce down and get my underwear out of a bunch.

bluecottonmemory said...

I stopped worrying about what other people think 5 sons ago - boys kind of do that to you! I do love the idea to choose happiness, though! Have a great day:)

Samantha said...

I really need to live by that saying more often. I take everything, myself included, way too seriously!

Visiting from SITS :)

The Drama Mama said...

Ohhhh, I like Rule #6.

Stopping in from SITS!

Georgina Marmoy said...

Ive read that! Its really interesting!

I really like your blog.
xx

If you have a minute :)-http://secondtimeover.blogspot.com/

hayidan said...

hmm i want to read it now

Michelle (hometc) said...

What a cute blog! I will never stop liking black and pink! stopping by from SITS :)

Aleta said...

I love reading reivews about books. It gives me the opportunity to find something I might not have read. Thanks for stopping by at the "Beyond the Pages" blogsite. I'm going to be changing the appearance of the blog by the end of the week. I'm hoping more people will want to post reviews of books on "Beyond the Pages" and if you ever want to participate, please feel free to do so or email me: aleta.grimball@gmail.com

Pia said...

I always have to remind myself to not take myself too seriously. Life is much more fun that way.

Thank you for following! :)