Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Book 23 - Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix

I finished Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. This is the 5th book in the Harry Potter series. 
In his 5th year at Hogwarts, Harry knows that Lord Voldemort has returned but other people in the wizarding community still do not believe him or Dumbledore. There is a secret society called The Order of Phoenix. All the members of The Order of Phoenix are people who do not support Voldemort and are working to stop him from gaining power. Throughout the book Harry and his friends try to do anything to help stop Voldemort, as well as take out their new headmaster, Dolores Umbridge. 


This book had a lot of action. It was longer than all of the other books in the series and it took me quite some time to get through it. I enjoyed reading it but felt that the story was drawn out more than it needed to be. I was very sad with the death of a main character but found the explanation of the bond between Harry and Voldermort interesting. 

5 comments:

chelsea rebecca said...

ahh i really need to get around to reading harry potter. i'm so ashamed to say i haven't read it yet!!!

Kristin said...

p.s. Thank you so much for following BonBon Rose Girls. We just got our own .com, so I'll hope you'll follow us there too at: http://www.bonbonrosegirls.com
We just started our own network and would love for you to join. Plus, we're having loads of giveaways this month, the latest being lovely notecards & a Starbucks gift card! Hugs, K

Kristin said...

I only went up to the second one. I don't know why I ever stopped!

Tarver said...

That is the BEST one! I am in love with HP and I really need to re-read it all before the first of the last movies!

Enjoy them!

Sara said...

You are just ripping through these suckers, aren't you?