Friday, May 14, 2010

Trip to Carowinds

Tim and I took a trip to Carowinds today.
I rode one roller coaster when I was about 8, had a complete breakdown/panic attack about it and refused to ride anymore.
One day a few weeks ago I was feeling brave and told Tim that if he took me to Carowinds, I would try a roller coaster. So he did because he's the sweetest. 

We started out small on wooden roller coasters. 

 The wooden ones were jerky and I didn't really like them.

I worked my way up to a suspended roller coaster. 
 This one was fun and a lot more smooth. I liked it better than the wooden ones. 

Then I got talked into going on an upside down one. 
It was scary but by the time I had time to freak out it was over. 
And if the seven year old girl sitting next to me could do it, I knew I could do it. 

 Then we went on the Carolina Cobra. It pulls you up to create speed.

Then you go through this loop, go back up the other side and do the whole thing backwards. 
I think this one was probably my favorite. 

They put up new roller coasters. This one is the Intimidator.
It's over 5,000 feet long.  
It goes up to a height of 232 feet.
With a speed of 80 mph. 
And the biggest roller coaster in the South Eastern U.S. 
It was crazy and amazing all at the same time.

This was the incline.  Intense right?

Tim rode Drop Zone, but I won't do that one. Ever. 

He's so cute. 

I had a lot of fun. I have a nice sunburn to prove it. 
I still can't believe I rode roller coasters.
I would not have been able to do it with out Tim at my side especially because he doesn't scream on roller coasters, he laughs and his laugh always makes me laugh. 

Have a great weekend!


4 comments:

Sara said...

Well done! I'm very proud of you.

Wooden roller coasters are not my favorite for the same reason. They jostle me so much that I have a giant headache by the time the damn thing is over.

Glad you faced your fear and enjoyed yourself!

JessRaquel said...

Found you off SITS, your post made me laugh.. Wish I was brave enough to ride a rollercoaster but I'm still too chicken to try it.

Glad you had fun though!

Acting Balanced Mom said...

I'm the totally opposite... love the old fashioned wooden fly out of your seat coasters and am less a fan of the super-g new ones... guess that's why there are both at Carowinds! Congrats on conquering your fear! Looks like you had a beautiful day! Stopping by from SITS

Chaucee said...

I'm glad you were finally able to ride one and enjoy it! Rollar coasters are a lot of fun if you just let go, but that's the though part! :D