Friday, May 7, 2010

New Favorite Quote

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. 
Small people always do that. 
The really great make you feel that you too can become great."
- Mark Twain



I came across this quote the other day and I love it.
It is my new favorite quote.
This is so true and I constantly need remind myself of this quote.
I have a hard time surrounding myself with positive encouraging people.
In high school, a few of my friends were always negative.
Every time we hung out, I would leave feeling worse about myself. I would feel like I wasn't good enough.
They would manage to put me down with out actually saying anything directly.

Then I had friends that were amazing. I always felt positive about myself when I was with them. They would  inspire me to be a better version of myself. They were encouraging and positive. I'm trying to meet more people like this. I am trying to be encouraging and positive. Some days are harder than others.

Next time a friend gets you feeling down about yourself, I want you to remember that you are great, and that you are doing wonderful things in the world. 

4 comments:

Gnetch said...

What an inspiring post. Thanks. I really need this at this very moment. ;)

George's Mum said...

I love this quote... it's in my sidebar... I think sometimes, it's so much easier said than done! xx

Diana said...

I'm 29 and it took me forever to realize this. A couple years ago I distant myself from bad friends and it's been one of the best things to happen to me.

Sara said...

That picture is gorgeous.

I want to live there.