Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Book 21 - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban


I finished reading book 21, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling. This is the third book in the Harry Potter series and probably my favorite so far. 
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was full of suspense and mystery. Harry Potter returns to Hogwarts for his third year of school. Meanwhile a criminal, Sirius Black, has escaped from Azkaban, the most secure prison for wizards. It is rumored that Sirius Black is at Hogwarts and out for Harry's life. Dementors are placed around the school for extra security and they have an affect on the energy of the school. Hagrid is given a teaching position, which does not start off well on the first day. Harry, Ron, and Hermione spend their year learning and surviving crazy adventures from Quidditch to helping Hagrid prepare a defense for the case against his hippogriff. This book was full of adventure and excitement as well. I loved this book. I could not put it down. I highly recommend this book. 

4 comments:

Sara said...

Have you watched the movies yet? I can't remember if I've asked you this.

Sirius Black in the movie is, in my opinion, phenomenal!

Claire Marie said...

I love the third one too... and all of them. I'm pretty much a Harry Potter nerd. And proud.

Stella said...

that was definitely my fav of all the books! enjoy the rest though

Sx

Tarver said...

Harry Potter! I'm obsessed, Prisoner of Azkaban is totally one of my favorites, and its also the best movie!