Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekend Adventures

I spent this weekend at home. 
While I was there I managed to stay pretty busy. 
I went to Discover Our Town Day.
It was fun, I forgot how much I loved my town.

I loved this sign at our historical society. 

The country store that was built in the 1800's (I think).

An actual water pump. I thought it was pretty cool.

Then that night Tim and I went to the Drive-In movies.
We had fun.
We got to see How to Train Your Dragon and KickAss.
 I enjoyed both movies .
How to Train Your Dragon was so cute.
KickAss was really good.
Just a warning there was some language and violence.

This was our movie screen.
We sat under the stars as we watched.
If there is a drive in movie near you I recommend going.
So much fun.

 What did you do this weekend?

12 comments:

Alyssa said...

wow, thats so awesome that you have a historical society and actual historical things!
my suburb is pretty new, like less than 100 years old i think before that it was all bush, so there isnt much in the history part.

Emma Jade said...

i dont actually think theres a drive in cinema in england! haha, ive always wanted to go to one though!
xxx

Bridget said...

that drive in is the coolest. i dont think theres anything like that near me!

Writing Without Periods! said...

What a lovely drive.
Mary

Stephanie said...

Drive In movies are awesome! It's a definetly cool experience

amindinmotown said...

Wait, where is this exactly? I love antique-y/old areas of towns.

Jason Houck said...

Wow didnt know Drive-Ins still existed. Thanks for sharing the history as well about your area.

Teena in Toronto said...

I love old stuff.

Happy blogoversary :)

The Wifey said...

Awesome! I cannot WAIT to see Kickass!

Lorine Kalista Noor said...

I didn't go to anywhere on my last weekend.. so much tasks to do and it stressing me out so well :) I found your blog this first time and your blog look great :)
xo...
Lorine

Sara said...

I spent the majority of my weekend in the library, but still enjoyed waking up pretty darn late.

Aleta said...

I love to play tourist in my home town too (New Orleans), but we don't have drive in movies (which I think is so cool).