Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I Smiled Because...

The little boy I was tutoring got tired of reading. 
He told me "God doesn't want me to read anymore." 
I thought it was so cute and clever. 
Plus he is a super sweet kid. 

 
I saw this wonderful message while walking around campus along with many others. 
I believe they were written by someone amazing.

At work we played a version of duck, duck, goose. 
It was funny to watch the college kids chase the little kids, especially when a few of them fell. 

When my sweet boyfriend sang "You are my Sunshine" to me on the phone. 
He's spectacular.

What made you smile today?

7 comments:

Jason Houck said...

By sharing with me you had a smile on your face today which results in a smile on my face.

Diana said...

Aw, that's sweet!

Christy said...

This is a beautiful post =) And go pick up Beloved! It is a great read! It's a tough book, it touches on a lot of really dark issues, but it's about slavery, so what can you expect! But it's a great book and I'd love to know your thoughts on it!

amindinmotown said...

What is it with boys and "You Are My Sunshine"? My boyfriend texts the lyrics to me on occasion. It's super cute, but clearly a boy thing, ha.

And I saw the comment before mine, and I agree. Read Beloved. Such a fabulous book.

Christine said...

I love this!!! Glad you had your camera. If you want to see what made me smile today (irronically) go to SSB. It's a little sidewalk chalk on the driveway!! Crazy... :o)

Emma Jade said...

i love getting sung to down the phone! How sweet :)
xxx

Sara said...

There was a frog outside the post office this afternoon.

I stood there and just smiled... until I thought he was going to jump on me.

Then, I ran.