Tuesday, April 27, 2010

How Do You Make a Difference?

I just came across this amazing quote:
What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” 
-Albert Pike
This showed up on my tumblr at the perfect moment.
I have dreams. 
I want to make a difference. 

Last night I had to go see a movie for one of my classes and I am so very glad I went to see it.
The movie I watched was "One Peace At a Time."

Here is the trailer.



I highly recommend watching the whole movie.
I will warn you that you will probably cry (I did, several times).
This movie talked about so many things. 
Mainly about how we can help others, and make improvements in our world but it all starts with me and you. We have to make the decision to want to do this. There is so much we can do, everyone talks about doing it, but not enough people actually do it. 
Let's start a movement, let's do something about it.
I've made the decision, have you? If not, what's stopping you?
One small thing you can that makes a huge difference is play FreeRice.com.
Just take 5 or 6 minutes everyday to play. Also if you are on Facebook, "Like" FreeRice by going here. 
We all spend more time than we should on the internet so why not help stop world hunger while we are at it?



2 comments:

Katy Mary said...

Great post, I like that you are so aware and willing to help :)

Holly Renee said...

Beautiful post. I use to play freerice.com all the time, I think I was addicted. I loved seeing the rice meter go up.