Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Grandfather Mountain

Tim and I took a trip to Grandfather Mountain today!
It is only a dollar for local residents (ASU Students) in the month of April.
This is a picture heavy post. 
We parked here.

Then we hiked a trail that was 0.4 mile up to the Mile High Bridge.
The view from the trail.
 
The bridge. It was kind of scary and squeaky.
 Looking at the view after we crossed the bridge.

I was standing one mile above the ground! Scary! 

 Tim walking down the trail. 

Kodiak the cinnamon bear. 
He reminded me of a teddy bear. haha.

The bald eagle. He only had one wing...

  Super cute otters!
 
We had so much fun. I'm so glad we went! 
If you ever get the opportunity you should go. 
I felt so outdoorsy and adventurous.

P.S. I hope you all had an amazing Easter weekend.
 

8 comments:

Heather said...

A bear?!?! Ahhh I would have taken off running

Its so pretty though

Kristin said...

Wow, that looks just incredible!

Tina Lane said...

I love to hike. What a great little adventure.

Stopping by from SITS.

Holyoke Home said...

Whoa! A bald eagle with only one wing?! Did it hop on the ground?

Thanks for stopping by!

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

What a beautiful view! Not sure I would have made it across the bridge, tho! AND, hope the bear was contained somehow! :-)
(coming from SITS)

Sarah Nicole said...

All the animals were confined in a fenced in area. Once I crossed the bridge the first time I didn't really want to go back. The eagle's wing had been damaged by a gun shot. It was really sad.

Michelle said...

That's so cool! I think I'd be to terrified to cross the bridge!

Sara said...

I've never been!

I want to play with otters. But not with bears.