Friday, April 16, 2010

Breathtaking View

I drove home to Charlotte tonight. 
The sun in my review mirror was gorgeous.
I was in no rush so I pulled off on the Blue Ridge Parkway hoping to get a good picture. 
Unfortunately the sun was on the other side of the mountain. 
But when I pulled off it was so peaceful I probably could have stayed there all day/night. 
One day I will drive to a specific destination on the Blue Ridge Parkway. 
It will be breathtaking. 

This was as close to a picture of the sun that I could get.
And I actually love it. 

This is the view from the scenic overlook.
Although I live in the mountains they still amaze me.

I'm glad I was brave enough to take a 15 minute detour. 

I hope you had a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Gorgeous! The sunset here in Maryland was awesome tonight too :)

Leah Rubin said...

Great photos! I love that part of the country, too. (I'm in St. Louis.)

Found you via SITS-- come check out my blog, too!

Have a great one--

Sarah said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Moon Child and leaving a comment! My son Harper was recently accepted at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts for Filmmaking, and we are headed down next week for a visit. Flying to Charlotte! I've spent lots of time in Virginia, but never been to NC. Seeing your photos has me excited. I can't wait! Looks like it would be a lovely place to go to school.

The Drama Mama said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!! Those are some breathtaking views. I need to take a moment once in a while to take in the beauty around me too.