Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Change Your Mind

"If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou
I love this quote and this picture. 
Doesn't the picture just make you giggle?
Yesterday at work someone started complaining about almost everything. 
They complained about things that I have no control over changing. 
It made me think of this quote.
Maybe all these things are awful because this person has a negative attitude towards everything. 
I'm trying to be a more positive person and surround myself with more positive people.
Some days it's hard. 

P.S. Interested in guest blogging? Send me an e-mail at liveinimagination@gmail.com

6 comments:

Christy said...

I know exactly what you mean! I work in such a negative, toxic environment, sometimes I need to just get out and call one of my friends or get some ice cream to put a smile on my face because it's overkill!

Emma Jade said...

i hate those types of people! But i love that quote and your blog!!
xxx

Yankee Girl said...

My husband and I are fighting because he has had the worst attitude lately. Every time I remind him that he can control his attitude, he just gets mad.

So I have been thinking of thise quote a lot lately.

Katy Mary said...

I hate complainers. I mean,I can be whiny and complain on occassion but not all the time and not about things that are within my realm of control ya know?

The Kid In The Front Row said...

i like your blog! very positive and creative. i'd potentially be interested in guest blogging - i'm kind of on tour at the moment, guest blogging in various places! :)hehe

Sara said...

That's a great quote for me, too.

I got real shitty with Walgreens today due to something that was in no one's control.

Maya and I need to pow-wow so I can calm the flip down.