Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Our Love Story

Our anniversary is today, so I thought I would 
share a mini version of our love story.


Tim and I met my sophomore year of high school.
We started talking in March of my junior year.
He was funny, cute, and a senior.
What more could a girl want?
I remember our first date like it was yesterday. I had butterflies, I would blush when ever he would look at me and flash his beautiful smile. I remember laughing quite a bit that night.
We dated throughout the spring and summer. Then fall showed up. He was preparing to leave for college. We would be two and a half hours away from each other. Not the best thing for a new relationship. But we were determined to make it work. He came home two weeks later, they were the longest two weeks of my life. He told me he loved me. I thought I had been in love before but I knew this time was different. I knew it was real.
We survived that long year apart. Then I joined him at school. We've spent the last four years getting to know each other and falling more in love. I love that he can always make me smile. He is my best friend. I share everything with him and couldn't imagine my life without him in it. He believes in superheros and I believe in fairy tales. Perfect match, right?
We have recently started long distance again for the next year and I know it will be hard but it's worth it. I am not a fan of being away from him but I know it's just one snapshot of our big picture.

Happy 4 Years Tim!

They have been wonderful and I look forward to many more years.
I love you so much.
Wishing you were here.







7 comments:

thegamerswife said...

Happy Anniversary!! I started dating my husband when I was a junior and he was a senior in high school. We practically have the same story as you! He went off to App and then I followed him the next year...Then we spent another year apart when I finished early. Some of our best memories are from those years in Boone together! :)

Whit said...

Two words: Too cute.

Sara said...

I almost wished you a happy birthday.

Good heavens.

Happy anniversary!

amindinmotown said...

Awww, how cute! Happy Anniversary to you both!

Katy Mary said...

Awww this almost made me cry. Such a sweet story, Happy Anniversary!

megmichelle said...

What a sweet story! Love you sis!

Mom of the Twinkies and Tot! said...

Very sweet story. My husband and I were also high school sweethearts and had to do somewhat of a distance relationship when I was away at college...I tried to come home as often as possible but it was still hard. Here we are now though, married for almost 4 years and together for 8!