Sunday, March 28, 2010

Book 18 - The Last Song



Summary:
Ronnie and her brother are sent to the coast of North Carolina to spend the summer with their father. Small town life is very different compared to their life in NYC. Ronnie is very upset with her father because he left their family three years ago. She is not happy about spending the summer with him in Wilmington. Her father was once a concert pianist and a piano teacher. He now spends his time working on stained glass window to be put in the church he attended as a child. Ronnie and her father are both unsure of what the summer will bring but are surprised with what they find.

Review:
I loved this book. Absolutely loved it. Probably my second favorite Nicholas Sparks book. It was so amazing. This was a wonderful story of love. I wasn't sure what to expect when I first started reading it, but after a few pages I was hooked. I cried several times throughout the book. I highly recommend this book. Please read it before you see the movie. 

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

I always try and read books before seeing the movie.

Movies take so much away from the written word.

This is one on my must read list.

KatherineAnne said...

Thank you so much for reviewing this book! I have been trying to decide whether or not to read it! :) I hope you have a great week! xoxo, KA

Sara said...

Is it wrong that Miley Cyrus makes me more likely to see the movie?

The Wifey said...

This is on my read list before I see the movie as well. Although, I'm not sure I will be seeing the movie now since I found out that Miley is in it. *shudders*

Kristin said...

Since you've read it...how do you feel about the Miley casting?

Katy Mary said...

I have never read anything by Nicholas Sparks but I have heard great things about this book. Maybe I will check it out.