Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Book 17 - Nights in Rodanthe

I finished Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks.
This is the second time I've read this book. 
The last time was my senior year of high school.

In this book, Adrienne and Paul are both trying to escape their pasts.
Paul has made some mistakes as a doctor and a father. He is on a journey to make things right. 
Adrienne is watching an inn for a friend in Rodanthe. Paul is the only guest for the weekend.
Adrienne is trying to get over a divorce and still be a good mom. She opens up to Paul, which is unusual for her. They have many talks over dinner and walks on the beach. They start to fall for each other. 
This is an amazing story which helps us to remember just how powerful love can be.



I LOVE this book.
My favorite Nicholas Sparks book.
It's an amazing love story and much better than the movie.
The love between Adrienne and Paul, Paul and his son; Mark, Adrienne and her kids, they are all wonderful. Always makes me cry. 

My ultimate favorite quote came from this book:
"When I sleep, I dream of you, and when I wake, I long to hold you in my arms. If anything, our time apart has only made me more certain that I want to spend my nights by your side and my days with your heart."
I love this quote especially now that Tim and I are long distance.


P.S.  Don't forget to enter the giveaway.

5 comments:

KatherineAnne said...

I haven't read this book yet but I want to now! I hope you're having a great week! xoxo, KA

Christa said...

I LOVE that quote and now I need to read the book!

Leiah said...

Aren't all Nicholas Sparks books amazing? And they make the best movies too. Stopping by from SITS.

Writing Without Periods! said...

I saw the movie, didn't read the book. I'm going to find it now and read it because books are always better than the movie...usually.
Mary

Lindsay Rudolph said...

Love the book, love the movie, love anything Sparks! Those are the movies I like to curl-up on the coach with a glass of wine, chocolate and a box of tissues and watch.

Stoppin' by from SITS!