Friday, February 5, 2010

I Need to Rant.

I am trying to remain positive but there are a few things that really irk me some days.
Like today.
I am studying to be an Elementary Education teacher.
And I love it.
I love working with kids.
Since I was in the 4th grade all I've wanted to do was be a teacher.
I've never wanted anything more in my entire life.
So it really makes me mad when I come across people in the education department who don't really care about teaching.
For example, Today this girl in my class said "I hate school, so I don't know why I want to be teacher. I mean I really like little kids. But I'm hoping to meet the rich guy of my dreams, marry him and not have to work."
Are you kidding me??
If you don't want to be a teacher, get the heck out of my way. You are taking up the seat in the classes I can't get into. The classes I need in order to graduate, in order to have my dream job.
And I feel so bad for the students who get stuck with teachers who don't want to teach, the ones who think it's just a paycheck.
I wish I could hit people like this.

9 comments:

Heather said...

People like that are so awful. There was a teacher here a few years ago that got so sick of teaching, she thought it would be good entertainment to teach the kids the WRONG things....on purpose.

She would tell kids the first president of the country was Isaiah Washington (yes Dr. Burke on Grey's Anatomy).

People like that should not be in our schools

Cathy said...

That sucks. I think teaching is one of those things that you really have to be passionate about to be good at. You obviously are, so I can only imagine how irritating it must be to hear people say things like that.

Sara said...

That girl is clearly getting her MRS degree, which is a shame, because it does detract from what you could be doing and learning.

Hopefully, she'll get weeded out during student teaching and realize that she's supposed to be a court reporter or something.

Blech.

amindinmotown said...

Ugh, that must be frustrating. I get really angry when people assume my job is super easy. Sure, it is for me, but it's not in general... Gah. People suck sometimes.

Debbie said...

That is so frustrating! I don't blame you for being upset.
Came over from SITS.

Latia said...

Haven't talk to you in a while...

I really dislike people like that they really irk me.

I know you will be a wonderful teacher. Keep doing what you are doing.

Ari said...

Ugh that would make me mad too!! Grrrr.

debi9kids said...

UGH! I wish you'd hit people like that too. LOL
Seriously, it's why I homeschool now. I have run into one too many teachers who just don't care and it gives a bad name to those who really do.
I wish you luck!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest

Amie said...

It's rough to come across teachers (or potential teachers) like that. I wish I could say once you're in the classroom, you never meet teachers like that... but sadly, there's more than you'd think. Which is why we need passionate, dedicated teachers like you!!! :) Keep it up, and maybe we can trade teaching ideas some day! :)