Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Featured Shop: Scrapin Sara's Gifts

This week's featured shop is Scrapin Sara's Gifts by the lovely Sara. (great name)
Make sure you check out her blog, Sara's Organized Chaos as well.

1. Share a few things about yourself.
I'm known in the blogosphere as Smart Ass Sara but in real life my name is Sara Strand. I currently live in Wisconsin and hate it. I'm a natural born Floridian and wonder why I haven't moved back every winter. I work full time, have two kids under five, married for six years in June, am an avid scrapbooker and card maker and can no longer buy a store bought card or gift item without taking gruff about it. I shop at second hand stores yet carry a Prada purse, use a crappy no contract cell phone yet buy expensive shoes that I can't wear because they hurt my feet. But they look pretty and that somehow makes it's ok. My husband also has no idea how many purses I really own.

2. Where do you get your inspiration?
I get my inspiration from other people, magazines, online, bright colors, t-shirts, my kids' clothing.

3. Do you have a favorite piece you have created?
I actually have two favorites. One would be the "Giggle" frame: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=27702642 and the other are my "RitaMargarita" cards: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=27702330. The frame is similar to one I use at work with a picture of my kids which was inspired by a pair of my daughter's pants. The cards are the exact ones I used for my birthday gathering of friends a few years ago. It was a good time.
4. How did you get started?
I actually got started scrapbooking in high school when I made a really rough scrapbook to hold all of the pictures from my senior year. Then fast forward 3 years I wanted to do a scrapbook for my mom so I got back into it. And that time it turned into an obsession. I know how my own scrap closet in my dining room which is now spilling out into the eating area. But I really do love it and I like preserving my pictures. It's relaxing for me.

5.Anything else you would like to share with us?
Anything else...hmm..I'm sassy and funny. I'm cute and cuddly. I use swears on my blog and only now do I feel comfortable with my personality. I have fun, I lead a crazy, fantastic, wonderful, sometimes inappropriate life but I wouldn't change it for the world. :)

Here are my favorites:

Retro Grateful Handmade Cards

The Pink Elephant Frame


and these Whimsy Butterfly Cards

Thanks Sara!
Please go check out her blog and her awesome etsy shop.


P.S. Want me to feature your shop?
E-mail me at liveinimagination@gmail.com

2 comments:

Smart Ass Sara said...

Thanks for the feature, chicky!! :)

Sara said...

Oh, Floridians. They do hate the midwest something awful.

What I wouldn't give to be thrown into the middle of Wisconsin with little else but a cell phone and a brick of cheese.