Monday, February 8, 2010

Featured Shop: CAPow

My first featured shop is CAPow, run by the lovely Crystal.
I asked her a few questions about her life and her creativity.
And she provided me with some great answers!

1. Share a few things about yourself with us.
My name is Crystal, but I go by CAPow (which is my first and middle initial, plus the first 3 letters of my last name). I currently live in Upstate NY with my awesome boyfriend and our two adorable cats.

2. Where do you get your inspiration?
My inspiration comes from my daily life. I'm constantly in a photographer mindset, and constantly scanning EVERYTHING in sight for a great photo opportunity. I also read a ton of amazing blogs that offer some incredible inspiration and ideas.

3. Do you have a favorite piece you have created? If so, which piece and why?
I really like the image I use for my avatar and shop header. It's of a small owl figurine I spotted in an abandoned storefront. I saw this little guy when my boyfriend was taking me on a tour of his home town, so it holds a special place in my heart.

4. How did you get started?
If you ask my mom, I started by breaking several of her point and shoot cameras as a child. From the minute I could hold objects I had crayons in my hands. I spent my childhood coloring, drawing and creating. My mother taught me how to knit, crochet, and sew. In high school I had the opportunity to take a black and white photography class and learn how to develop both film and photos in a dark room. That is when I TRULY fell in love with photography. Everything just grew from that point. I started out taking pictures of punk bands in our local hardcore scene, and just expanded to photographing anything and everything that I find inspiring. I've even shot a few weddings!

5. Anything else you want to share?
I just want to thank all my fellow bloggers and etsy sellers for being so awesome and inspiring. I'm really proud to be a part of such awesome communities.

Here are a few of my favorite items from her shop.

{Chandelier in White Photograph}

{Blue and Gold Cherry Blossom Clutch}
So cute right?

And of course this lovely {Cupcake Print}

Make sure you check out her shop, CAPow.
Also Crystal writes a pretty awesome blog, windshield diaries.
Please go visit her.
Thanks Crystal!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Mercy me, I do love that clutch.

Melissa B. said...

Just so lovely! Thanks for sharing some info about Crystal and her inspirations. SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did!

Snow Emergency

CAPow! said...

Sarah, this is awesome! Thank you so much for featuring me!