Friday, January 15, 2010

Help Haiti

By now I'm sure you have all heard of the horrible disaster in Haiti.
I wish I had the income to donate a lot of money to help Haiti in their time of need.
Unfortunately I do not.

There are a few lovely ladies I know who are doing their part to help:

Naomi of Rockstar Diaries makes these beautiful headbands.
For the next two weeks, all proceeds from her store are going to help Haiti.
Click here for more details.

Shanley of thoughts from S. has a personal connection to Haiti.
She is raising money to help for her birthday. Today is her 21st birthday, and she has already surpassed her goal of $210.
Click here to read her amazing story.
And here to learn how to donate to her cause.

Hope for Haiti.
They have lots of information and they are doing a lot to help donate money.

If you are doing something or know of a easy way to help please let me know.
I'd love to add it to this list.

3 comments:

M.Skut said...

I went the simple route and donated $10 via my cell phone to the Red Cross.

If someone stumbles through here and wants to do that, you just text "Haiti" to 90999 and $10 will be added to your cell phone bill next month.

I couldn't do much, but every little bit helps I figured.

amindinmotown said...

(Pst, that last comment was me. Oops.)

Kimmy C said...

Crafthope.com has also opened an Etsy shop where 100% of the proceeds will benefit Doctors without Borders in their struggle to provide medical care to those suffering in Haiti.

The Etsy shop, http://www.etsy.com/shop/crafthope, features handmade items donated by crafters like myself. Please take a look at the shop, if there is something that catches you are, remind yourself it is for a good cause and make that purchase!

Found your post through SITS.